The Filth Down The Road
Do you mind if I delete that Mac  Big Grin
No matter who pays the bills, who has the keys or who's name is above the door, it's OUR football club.
(14-01-2021, 03:01 PM)Mcforest Wrote: Stephen Pearce was on talksport today

Pearce says "Reports are correct". "Have heard nothing from Mel or BZI saying there's any problem and have been told it's still 100% taking place"

"Been speaking to BZI since April/May. All legals and documentation done. Just a case of closing of the deal between BZI and expected that to happen on 24th December, that didn't happen. Working on now getting funds from other places."

"No indications deal won't go through. Just an issue of timing"

Boo.

Having said that, even if it *does* go through it's not exactly an auspicious start if it's taken so long to finalise.
i will say they take longer to transfer funds to the club than Fawaz. expected 24th december still not here what 3 weeks later. You would be concerned if you were a fan and if this fails then MSD would become the new owners. Now that would be a fun sight.
(14-01-2021, 03:07 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote:

Pearce says "Reports are correct". "Have heard nothing from Mel or BZI saying there's any problem and have been told it's still 100% taking place"

"Been speaking to BZI since April/May. All legals and documentation done. Just a case of closing of the deal between BZI and expected that to happen on 24th December, that didn't happen. Working on now getting funds from other places."

Boo.

Having said that, even if it *does* go through it's not exactly an auspicious start if it's taken so long to finalise.

Good job they've got a good experienced manager to steer their players through this storm.  Smile

I had a browse on their forum last night. They've got a 350 page takeover thread going. It's only just dawning on them that their 'brilliant businessman' owner has in fact trashed their club and left them in a right old state, potentially taking them from 4th position to relegation. This Sheikh is obviously squeezing Mad Mel by the balls and making him squirm.
(14-01-2021, 03:20 PM)Paplane Wrote:

Boo.

Good job they've got a good experienced manager to steer their players through this storm.  Smile

I had a browse on their forum last night. They've got a 350 page takeover thread going. It's only just dawning on them that their 'brilliant businessman' owner has in fact trashed their club and left them in a right old state, potentially taking them from 4th position to relegation. This Sheikh is obviously squeezing Mad Mel by the balls and making him squirm.

I read some of that thread too.  Big Grin

It reminded me of the threads I used to read on Talk Forest when we were all waiting for news of Fawaz's takeover.
(14-01-2021, 03:23 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote:
(14-01-2021, 03:20 PM)Paplane Wrote:

Boo.

I read some of that thread too.  Big Grin

It reminded me of the threads I used to read on Talk Forest when we were all waiting for news of Fawaz's takeover.

Yep, on there I've read about delays in international transfers of funds, bank holidays in Saudi Arabi, negative comments from Newcastle fans about the Sheikh, the deal being completed 'any day' for the last 3 weeks. One guy transferred £550 from one account to another to time how long it took to transfer! All very familiar indeed. 

And what is no doubt happening now is the Sheikh, having agreed the deal, wants to renegotiate, having now got Mel in the grip of his hand. The same happened to Fawaz and those American baseball people who wanted to buy.
They also had a track record of not completing deals, which is exactly what ended up happening.

Things may not be 100% rosy at Forest at the moment but I'd much rather be watching this kind of shenanigans from afar at another club than have it happening to us again.
how long did your takeover of forest take, sniff?

Sorry i mean how long did it take the big man to complete the forest deal?

your Secret is still safe mate
(14-01-2021, 03:38 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: They also had a track record of not completing deals, which is exactly what ended up happening.

Things may not be 100% rosy at Forest at the moment but I'd much rather be watching this kind of shenanigans from afar at another club than have it happening to us again.

Yep and it makes me thankful that we are actually owned by a comitted football guy, rather than some dodgy character who likes to claim he's minted but is in fact just playing with other people's money in order to make money.

When Fawaz sold I was devasted at the time, but looking back in hindsight he had some balls to pull out and tell them to do one when they low balled him.
(14-01-2021, 03:41 PM)Mcforest Wrote: how long did your takeover of forest take, sniff?

Sorry i mean how long did it take the big man to complete the forest deal?

your Secret is still safe mate

Err....thought we'd agreed that all messages to EM Sniff had to be via PM's only?

Sick Wink
[Image: 138917228-874444296637887-7164429763942431759-o.jpg]
No matter who pays the bills, who has the keys or who's name is above the door, it's OUR football club.
Can anybody help this bloke out with a bit of spare change?

[Image: 138904434-3384207898357105-8512985467168727587-n.jpg]
NO
No doubt if they go into administration then the will be no points penalty as they will say it was 100% covid that caused it. 

Slimey sheep that they are. Probably find a back door way to do Leicester and rip off their creditors....
(14-01-2021, 04:36 PM)Sniffer Dog Wrote: [Image: 138917228-874444296637887-7164429763942431759-o.jpg]

Just seen Derby County F.C. are being featured on the BBC1 programme.......'Can't Pay?, We'll take it Away' It's only a flat packed stadium after all!!!
''My Desire is always to be here, oh City Ground''.