The Filth Down The Road
(12-01-2021, 11:20 PM)zicorice Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 08:55 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Sheffield United just beat Newcastle (who funnily enough were the only team the sheep beat in their record-breaking season).

The 12 points is on.

Watched most of this and have never willed that dirty lot to win so much in my life.

I watched about 10 minutes (at 0-0) and thought Sheff Utd were half decent. First I've seen of them this season but first impressions were that they had good movement, were playing with their heads up and had some decent players. They had a blond haired lad playing at wing back. Small guy, looked half decent. Wonder if we should look at him.

I think they'll do well next season in our division if they can keep their squad together.
(13-01-2021, 12:41 PM)Paplane Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 11:20 PM)zicorice Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 08:55 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Sheffield United just beat Newcastle (who funnily enough were the only team the sheep beat in their record-breaking season).

The 12 points is on.

Watched most of this and have never willed that dirty lot to win so much in my life.

I watched about 10 minutes (at 0-0) and thought Sheff Utd were half decent. First I've seen of them this season but first impressions were that they had good movement, were playing with their heads up and had some decent players. They had a blond haired lad playing at wing back. Small guy, looked half decent. Wonder if we should look at him.

I think they'll do well next season in our division if they can keep their squad together.

No, he is complete and utter crap. At least thats what the moaning old git who sits behind me in TE upper used to say.
would imagine said blonde lad would walk back into the team as it stands Smile
(13-01-2021, 01:26 PM)ac_vodka Wrote: would imagine said blonde lad would walk back into the team as it stands Smile

understatement  Wink
COYR!
1/2 Exclusive: #dcfc CEO met Rooney and first team squad today to say club currently can’t afford to pay the wages that are still owed from December. Most players still 50% down on that payment, and due to be paid Jan wages on Friday. Repeated delays in takeover....

^ latest tweet on the subject - from Rob Dorsett - not done yet ^
COYR!
(13-01-2021, 07:47 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote: 1/2 Exclusive: #dcfc CEO met Rooney and first team squad today to say club currently can’t afford to pay the wages that are still owed from December. Most players still 50% down on that payment, and due to be paid Jan wages on Friday. Repeated delays in takeover....

And latest from Percy:

On #dcfc ‘takeover’: players still been not paid and understand Derby have sought another loan from MSD. Money in bank now very low and a genuine threat of administration if this is not sorted ASAP.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
COYR!
Ouch.
(13-01-2021, 07:49 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote:
(13-01-2021, 07:47 PM)ThePromisedLand Wrote: 1/2 Exclusive: #dcfc CEO met Rooney and first team squad today to say club currently can’t afford to pay the wages that are still owed from December. Most players still 50% down on that payment, and due to be paid Jan wages on Friday. Repeated delays in takeover....

And latest from Percy:

On #dcfc ‘takeover’: players still been not paid and understand Derby have sought another loan from MSD. Money in bank now very low and a genuine threat of administration if this is not sorted ASAP.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

prospective new owners often prefer the business to go into administration and usually get far better terms, though, the new owners won't really want it to appear this is what they want but might not actually give a toss.  The selling the ground to themselves scam and other stuff could well and truly get exposed here as well
In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings, sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven COYR's
Tonight I shall be mostly reading....dcfcfans.
Been entertainment for weeks
Fire sale down the road:

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
38s
Senior club officials were trying to find buyers for players in last 24-48 hours. They can deny all they like. I know who took their calls at other clubs ... so player sales possible
(14-01-2021, 02:48 PM)Sausage Roll Wrote: Fire sale down the road:

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
38s
Senior club officials were trying to find buyers for players in last 24-48 hours. They can deny all they like. I know who took their calls at other clubs ... so player sales possible

Big Grin Big Grin This is getting better and better by the day.
No matter who pays the bills, who has the keys or who's name is above the door, it's OUR football club.
Every cloud has a silver lining...
COYR!
Stephen Pearce was on talksport today

Pearce says "Reports are correct". "Have heard nothing from Mel or BZI saying there's any problem and have been told it's still 100% taking place"

"Been speaking to BZI since April/May. All legals and documentation done. Just a case of closing of the deal between BZI and expected that to happen on 24th December, that didn't happen. Working on now getting funds from other places."

"No indications deal won't go through. Just an issue of timing"
Oh c’mon Mac.

We were getting our hopes up.
COYR!