Nottingham Forest Transfer Banter/Rumours
We were interested in Hugill earlier in pre season. I wonder if we'll be tempted with a loan bid?
I think Villa are in for Hugill.
Another one gone so does that mean one in?

Barrie McKay has joined Swansea in a £500,000 move from Nottingham Forest.

The deal will see the Reds recoup the money they paid to sign him from Rangers roughly 12 months ago after he signed a three-year deal.

Just hope it doesn’t bite us on butt and they have a sell on clause. I mean what’s £500k nowadays?
(07-31-2018, 03:12 PM)Widdow Wrote: Another one gone so does that mean one in?

The deal will see the Reds recoup the money they paid to sign him from Rangers roughly 12 months ago after he signed a three-year deal.

Just hope it doesn’t bite us on butt and they have a sell on clause. I mean what’s £500k nowadays?

£500k more than we would have received had we have had to pay his contract up.
Paul Taylor
#nffc are in talks to sign Luke Steele. Would be as a back-up to Costel Pantilimon. Deal not done yet. But club keen to make sure they have a quality cover, in a position where they are already well stocked...
Odd one...
COYR!
Hmm. Out of contract. Spent last season warming Bristol City’s bench. 3 years at Panathinaikos prior to that.
Must mean at least one of Kapino or Smith leaving.
(07-31-2018, 03:16 PM)Joe Baker Legend Wrote: Paul Taylor
#nffc are in talks to sign Luke Steele. Would be as a back-up to Costel Pantilimon. Deal not done yet. But club keen to make sure they have a quality cover, in a position where they are already well stocked...

So that must mean Kapino is on his way out OR they are looking to send Smith on loan

Steele is out of contract after being released by Bristol City

So there you go, One out one in
(07-31-2018, 03:16 PM)Joe Baker Legend Wrote: Paul Taylor

Hmm.  Thought Smith did ok pre-season.  But you can't fault Karanka wanting quality cover...

SA.

(07-31-2018, 02:48 PM)Carpe Diem Wrote: We were interested in Hugill earlier in pre season.  I wonder if we'll be tempted with a loan bid?

I wondered if a bold 'double swoop' for Hugill and Byram might be on the cards as they both offer cover for two areas that need competitive cover.

SA.

(07-31-2018, 02:29 PM)GaribaldiRED Wrote: Sam Byram together with Jordan Hugill, Edi Fernandes, Reece Oxford and Sead Hakšabanović have been left out of the West Ham four day trip to Austria so we should fully expect that he's not part of the WH squad. His likely destination is still Forest according to reports. And the game he played on Saturday against Barnet was a U23 game.

Destination Forest, still?  Hope so.  Those 1st two names would really help our promotion push.  Be good to squeeze Byram over the line.

SA.

(07-31-2018, 03:13 PM)Paplane Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 03:12 PM)Widdow Wrote: Another one gone so does that mean one in?

£500k more than we would have received had we have had to pay his contract up.

I suppose it all adds up.  That on top of the 'nominal fee' for Eric Lichaj and and Forest have a million back.  All helps.  Forest used to let players walk for nothing.  So this, even for players who are no longer included, is a significant step forward in the running of the club more professionally.

SA.
This isn’t ITK and probably is worth ignoring but the Sheffield Wednesday striker Nuhiu is in Nottingham at the moment, i’ve Just seen him near the Ice Rink.
(07-31-2018, 03:23 PM)Salvatore Matrecano Wrote: Hmm. Out of contract. Spent last season warming Bristol City’s bench. 3 years at Panathinaikos prior to that.
Must mean at least one of Kapino or Smith leaving.

Well, Forest are looking to move on Estimov, Henderson out...so that's two keepers.  Whispers of Kapino leaving.  That would be three keepers out and leave Pants as no.1, Luke Steele as no.2 and Smith as No.3?

That's what I'm getting from this.  Free transfer too.  So no fee?  Been at Pan' and Bristol City as a 'bench warmer' so he must be reasonably capable back up.

SA.

(07-31-2018, 03:42 PM)Username Wrote: This isn’t ITK and probably is worth ignoring but the Sheffield Wednesday striker Nuhiu is in Nottingham at the moment, i’ve Just seen him near the Ice Rink.

It's worth sharing.  

Intrigue...

SA.

(07-31-2018, 02:48 PM)Carpe Diem Wrote: We were interested in Hugill earlier in pre season.  I wonder if we'll be tempted with a loan bid?

Hope so as it's an area Forest need another striker to provide competition?

Does Hugill fall into that 'pace and power' target man role?

SA.
I remember seeing Steele play before and was impressed by him. Strange one . Karanka mustn't rate the rest of the keepers.
Is there much differrence between steele nd Henderson? If we want to send Smith on loan, nd I understand that, why sign anlther keeprr before offloadong..
What really shocks (and annoys me!) is that the players who were told way back in May they weren’t wanted or needed any more are not bothered about finding a new club and are just happy to sit out their contracts.

Why don’t footballers want first team football anymore?
(07-31-2018, 06:12 PM)RedMW Wrote: What really  shocks (and annoys me!) is that the players who were told way back in May they weren’t wanted or needed any more are not bothered about finding a new club and are just happy to sit out their contracts.

Why don’t footballers want first team football anymore?

£££££££££
COYR!